Jon Krause is the Member for Scenic Rim in the Queensland Parliament, elected in 2012.
During his time in Parliament Jon has been busy getting things done in the Scenic Rim Electorate - including restoring maternity and other services to Beaudesert Hospital, ensuring the upgrade and repair of a number of major roads and delivering additional funding for our schools. In 2012, 24 hour policing was introduced to Beaudesert through the Government's policy to place 1100 additional police officers on the front line over four years, and additional police in Canungra, Jimboomba and Tamborine Mountain show that Jon is delivering for the community to make it the safest place to live, work and raise a family.
Jon grew up on a dairy farm at Marburg, which his father operated while his mother worked as a teacher. His upbringing gives him a distinct insight into difficulties faced in the rural sector as well as the challenges faced by rural communities close to Brisbane, including those arising from the transition from agricultural land uses to other land uses.
Prior to his election to parliament, Jon was a solicitor, most recently with a major financial institution's in-house legal team, where he oversaw transactions in the corporate, agricultural and property sectors across all of Queensland. Working with businesses, large and small, to grow their business and create jobs in the economy was part and parcel of Jon's professional life prior to entering public life. Jon also spent several years working overseas and in Brisbane after studying accounting and law at the University of Queensland.
Jon is married to Kit and has three sons.
Click here to read Jon's Maiden Speech
- Shadow Minister for Tourism, Sport and Racing: 10 May 2016 - 25 Nov 2017
- Member, Legal Affairs and Community Safety Committee: 27 Mar 2015 - 25 Nov 2017
- Member, Health and Community Services Committee: 7 Aug 2013 - 6 Jan 2015
- Temporary Deputy Speaker of the Parliament of Queensland: 20 Jun 2012 - 6 Jan 2015
- Member, Parliamentary Crime and Misconduct Committee: 27 Nov 2012 - 21 Nov 2013
- Member, Agriculture, Resources and Environment Committee: 18 May 2012 - 12 Feb 2013
- State Council, LNP (2010-Present)
- Policy Standing Committee, LNP (2010-2012)
- Secretary, Wright Federal Division Council (2011-2012)
- Young LNP (2000-2012)
- State Treasurer, Young LNP (2003)